Fungus Gants are those little black flies, very similar to fruit flies. They are more of a nuisance then harmful for you or your plants. They typically come from having wet or moist soil sitting for long periods of time, this is usually a sign you’re over water. Over watering also means, not enough aeration or flow in your soil mixture.
To get rid of fungus gnats flying around, you’ll want to get yourself some sticky trap tape that you can place around your plants. For the larva or eggs living in the soil, you’ll want to wash that out with some hydrogen peroxide. Next time you need to water your plant, add some hydrogen peroxide with your water. Use a ratio of about 20/80. 20% of it is peroxide, the other 80% of your watering can should be water. The hydrogen peroxide will also help clean out any other fungus going on in your root system.
Most of my houseplants are toxic to pets and humans. I have a 19-year-old Calico cat name Nemo, who doesn’t really bother with any of my plants. She’s a senior lady so most times she’s either sleeping or eating her food, but mostly sleeping. She also seems to know which plants are safe for her and which ones are not. If she’s out of her cat grass, and needs to munch on some greens, she’ll go for the spider plant or the ponytail palm, but rarely. I did a video on tips on how to stop your cat from bothering your plants, you can check it out here.
The black ladder shelf that in my bedroom that you often see in my stories or pictures is from a Canadian furniture company EQ3. I’m sure you can find something similar at your local furniture shop or big box stores like IKEA or Amazon.
Right now, I’m using Elechomes humidifier. I have two different model, the older one is bottom filled and the new one is top filled which makes it convenient. Both are modern and stylish looking, but more importantly you can control the mist, set timer or humidity level. You can also have it set as cool or warm mist. You can check them here on my Amazon link.
I use two types of grow light. I use one from Soltech Solutions. The Aspect grow light is also fixed into the ceiling acting as my dining room pendant light. For the most part, only plants sit int hat area. It’s really powerful and design friendly which is what I like. They have many options as well, you can visit their site and check them out. You can use my promo code [crazyplantguy15] which will give you 15% off your purchases.
I’ve also used grow light bulbs from Miracle LED. They are affordable and work great at supplementing your low light space by replacing some of your light bulbs on your lamps or ceiling fixtures. You can also get a clamp with a cord to install these bulbs and use it as spotlights or on certain areas of your place for your plants. Click here to purchase them on amazon.
Crazy Plant Guy
Copyright © 2022 Crazy Plant Guy - All Rights Reserved.